We are searching for an Architectural Senior Designer, an individual that has a high level of design skills and construction knowledge. This individual will be a key team member in the design process and responsible for the implementation of architectural designs throughout all phases, including design, construction documents, permitting, bidding, and construction administration. A senior designer is responsible for the preparation of complete and accurate working architectural plans, elevations, sections, and detail drawings. This person will aid in the coordinatxion of team members, assist in research, planning, and design, and organize work from consultant and engineering teams.
About LMHT Associates:
LMHT is an Architectural/Engineering firm located in Raleigh, NC that focuses on client-centered approaches to design. Our firm serves a diverse range of clients with projects including private and public sectors, large commercial buildings, restaurants, and multi-family projects. In business for over 40 years, our firm is looking for motivated and enthusiastic people that love design to join our team.
- Produce CAD drawings of proposed designs throughout all phases.
- Assist in the communication with other disciplines and project team members, providing requested technical data and drawings as needed.
- Utilize knowledge of various architectural structures, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Produce all drawings required to complete the construction documents.
- Perform code analysis and reporting for building systems.
- Assist in the preparation of information regarding design, outline specifications, materials, color and equipment, and existing project conditions.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment and have the ability to communicate ideas and technical information in a deliverable and concise manner.
- 3+ years working in architectural design or related discipline preparing architectural design drawings.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work under tight deadlines, while maintaining high-quality standards.
- Ability to perform tasks under general supervision using company-defined standards and procedures and building code.
- High level of skill in CAD
- Understanding of construction systems and materials
- Ability to research local ordinances and codes and apply them to the design.
Bachelor’s in Architecture
Near IDP completion, the beginning stage of ARE
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement Plan